Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Garlic Chicken Spring Rolls

It should be illegal to put caramelized onions and parmesan cheese in one. 


These spring rolls come in two packages of 3 rolls each. My first reaction was not a good one. The only reason I threw these in my cart is due to the fact that they have caramelized onions mixed with so many other awesome ingredients. 

I admit to having a hard time trying new things, and may have a few frozen dinners in my freezer from three summers ago that I never grew the balls to make. I may. Anyway, I was skeptical but pressed to try these because caramelized onions! 

I wasn't sure cooking these in a microwave would be a good idea; no matter how convincing the crisping sleeve seemed, so I threw them in for about 60 seconds and finished them off in my toaster oven. (350 for about 10 minutes.)

The roll itself seems oddly buttery and tastes devine. I find my cooking method crisps the rolls perfectly without over doing it. The filling is super yummy as well. The spinach, onions and parmesan pair wonderfully together with each other as well as the chicken and garlic. These spring rolls will melt in your mouth and make you savor each bite. 

However the noms, the one thing I truly love about the rolls is that I don't crave them. While that may sound like I haven't fallen in love, it's the opposite. I will be repurchasing these and savoring them each time I do, but on the other end they leave me satisfied hunger-wise as well as with taste. These don't make me want to overindulge or cook more than one serving size for myself, regardless of the yummy flavors. I hope this makes sense.

I give this ☆☆☆☆ out of 5 stars because the garlic breath is deadly & while they taste good, they don't look appetizing. We eat with our eyes too, Lean Cuisine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment